Bulletin for week of February 25, 2024
SECOND SUNDAY IN LENT
SCHEDULE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Today, Feb 25, Second Sunday in Lent
Low Mass for special needs at 7:30am
Confessions will be heard before and after Mass
Low Mass at 9:00am
There will be Blessing of Articles after Mass today at the Communion rail.
Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament this evening at 6:00pm.
Hymns for Benediction:
O Salutaris 428 – 2
Maria Mater 410 – 1
Tantum Ergo 483 – 2
Miserere et Parce 411 (verses 1 & 2)
There will be an Adult Catechism Class today at 6:30pm. It will be in the Hall and online.
Mass schedule this week:
Monday: Masses at 7:20am and 8:30am. Cleaning of the Chapel after the 8:30am Mass.
Tuesday: Masses at 7:20am and 8:30am
Wednesday: Masses at 7:20am and 8:30am
Thursday: No scheduled Mass. Holy Hour and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament at 7:00pm.
First Friday: Mass at 7:20am and 8:30am followed by Conference and recitation of the Rosary. Stations of the Cross followed by Benediction and Confessions at 7:00pm.
First Saturday: Masses at 7:20am and 8:30am. Confessions after the 8:30am Mass
Next Sunday, Mar 3: Third Sunday in Lent. Low Mass for special needs at 7:30am. Confessions will be heard before and after Mass. Low Mass at 9:00am. Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament at 6:00pm
- Catechism Classes for the Children will be held on Saturday, Mar 2, after the 8:30am Mass.
- Fast and Abstinence for Lent began on Ash Wednesday. See Guide in the back of the Calendar for details.
Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, March 10.
- Obligation to fulfill your Easter Duty (receiving Holy Communion) begins today and ends on Trinity Sunday
- The 2024 Liturgical Calendar is available in the vestibule for a $15 donation. Please place your donation in the Offering Box in the opposite wall of the vestibule; or you can give it to one of the Priests or Seminarians.
2024 Mini Liturgical Calendars available in the vestibule for a $5.00 donation. They are made to fit in your Missal and make excellent gifts.
- The Reserved Parking Signs in the front parking island are for the cooks and workers who assist us. Please do not park there on Sundays or during the week.
- Please turn off your cellphones and watch alarms before entering the Chapel. Make sure they are muted or turned off so that they do not ring or vibrate during Mass. Also, remind guests or new people that attend Mass with you to turn off their cellphones. so that the Mass is not interrupted by the sounds from the phone.
- Please keep the two reserved pews on the Gospel side in the back of the Chapel free for parents with small children.
- Form for Confession sheets and Examination of Conscience Leaflets are available in the vestibule.
Remember to please keep your voices low before, during and after Mass and Confessions and to speak softly when going to Confession.
- You may view the Sunday and Daily Masses on the Livestream on our website.
- Please be sure to give us Mass Intention Envelopes to the Priests or Seminarians by hand and not put them in the collection basket or leave them unattended.
- Parents with underage children are asked to use the Classroom during Masses and all other ceremonies. The classroom is an extension of the Chapel. It is the place where parents teach their children how to assist at Mass while quietly watching the livestream of the Mass on the TV monitor.
- Lost and Found Items and Cooking containers and Dishes are in the black cabinet and white closet in the Classroom.
Sunday, Feb 25: 8:20am – 9:00am and after 9:00am Mass
Friday, Mar 1: after Stations of the Cross
Saturday, Mar 2: after 8:30am Mass
Sunday, Mar 3: 8:20am – 9:00am and after 9:00am Mass
(Confession available upon request)
Form for Confession sheets and Examination of Conscience Leaflets are available in the vestibule.
Please remember to speak softly when going to Confession.
Please remember that anyone can regain the state of grace (removal of the guilt of mortal sins and the eternal punishment attached to them) by making a devout act of contrition with the intention of confessing his sins as soon as possible.
Sunday: 7:00am, 5:30pm
Friday: 7:00am, 6:30pm
Sunday: 7:00am, 5:30pm
Feasts this Week:
Sunday, Feb 25: St. Matthias
Wednesday, Feb 28: St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows