Bulletin for week of FEBRUARY 21, 2021
FIRST SUNDAY IN LENT
SCHEDULE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Blessed Ashes will be imposed after Mass today on those who were unable to assist at Mass on Ash Wednesday.
- There will be Blessing of Articles after Mass today at the Communion Rail.
- Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament this evening at 6pm.
- Monday: Cleaning of the Chapel after the 8:30am Mass.
- Mass schedule this week:
Monday through Saturday: 8:30am except
Thursday: Chapel closed, No scheduled Mass
Next Sunday: 9:00am
- Upcoming Feastdays:
Friday, Mar 19: St. Joseph, Solemn Mass 9am
Thursday, Mar 25: Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Solemn Mass 9am
- Wednesday, Feb 24:
Profession Ceremony for Brother Matthew. He will be Professed in a private ceremony before a later Mass that day. Please feel free to extend your prayers and good wishes to him as he begins this important time in his religious life and towards the priesthood.
- The Mass on Wednesday will be at 7:30am.
- Friday, Feb 26: Stations of the Cross at 7pm followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament and Confessions.
- Lost and Found Items are in the Waiting Room. They include serving dishes, grocery bags, clothing, books and sacramentals. Please pick them up after Mass today or this evening. Anything remaining will be given to charity.
- Ember Days are this week.
- Obligation to fulfill your Easter Duty (receiving Holy Communion) begins today and ends on Trinity Sunday.
- Fast and Abstinence for Lent began on Ash Wednesday. See Guide in the back of the Calendar for details.
- Next Catechism Classes will be this Saturday, Mar 12, after the 8:30am Mass.
- Remember to please keep voices low and before, during and after Mass and Confessions.
- Please remember to speak softly when going to Confession.
- Please keep the two reserved pews on the Gospel side in the back of the Chapel free for parents with small children.
- Parents with infants and small children are asked to use the cry room (Classroom) during Masses and all other ceremonies.
- Please turn off your cell phones and watch alarms before entering the Chapel. Make sure they are muted or turned off so that they do not ring or vibrate during Mass. Also, remind guests that attend Mass with you to turn off their cellphones.
- You may view the Sunday and Daily Masses on the Livestream on our website.
- Please see Revised Announcement about Mass Attendance guidelines posted on the bulletin board and our website. Contact us if you have any questions.
Sunday, Feb 21: 8:30am – 9:00am & after 9:00am Mass
Friday, Feb 26: after Stations of the Cross and Benediction which begin at 7pm
Saturday, Feb 27: 8:00am – 8:30am & after 8:30am Mass
(Confession available upon request)
Please remember to speak softly when going to Confession.
Reminder: The Confessions will be heard in the Confessional in the Chapel from now on (not Office A).
Please remember that anyone can regain the state of grace (removal of the guilt of mortal sins and the eternal punishment attached to them) by making a devout act of contrition with the intention of confessing his sins as soon as possible.
- CONFESSION POLICY
- Please no sick persons or those with symptoms of illness.
- The Confessions will be heard in the Confessional in the Chapel from now on (not Office A).
Feasts this Week:
Monday, Feb 22: Chair of St. Peter, St. Margaret of Cortona
Tuesday, Feb 23: St. Peter Damian
Wednesday, Feb 24, St. Matthias
Saturday, Feb 27, St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows